And we’re back in action! After a week long break in Dubai for Eid, normal life resumes as most of us go back to work today .. I say most of us, coz that does not include me! I used to work full-time in London and loved every minute of it but it did get a bit tiring and life seemed to have turned into a fixed routine. So when we moved to Dubai, I decided to take a break from work for a while and just enjoy life … Not sure if that was a good idea coz a few years on and I still seem to be on that break… OOPS! Now I seem to be stuck in between … There are days when I feel ambitious again and miss the challenges of a work place, but then there are also days when I want nothing more than to just go back to sleep! Tough choice eh? Time to list down the pros and cons of both and hopefully reach a decision ….
Advantages of working:
- The sense of achievement of doing something productive
- The feeling of independence as you earn on your own
- Good for your confidence and helps you grow as a person
- A great night sleep after a long and hard day at work
- Less time to overthink as you have less free time on your hands
- Something useful to say if someone asks ‘What have you done all day?’
Advantages of not working:
- Staying up late and going back to sleep in the morning!
- The freedom to plan a holiday whenever without worrying about taking leave
- More time to spend with loved ones
- Not waiting for the weekend to run your errands
- A much more flexible routine with a 7 days weekend!
- I can delay cooking for another 8 hours! 😁
Help me out here … What do you miss the most about working or not working? As for me, though I was feeling rather ambitious this morning, I know I will feel like I have done something useful the minute I publish this post, and perhaps extend that break by another day … Hehe!
Until inspiration strikes again, let’s keep it strictly lighthearted! 🙂