There are days when I feel ambitious and miss the challenges of a work place. But then there are also days when I want nothing more than to just go back to sleep in the morning. Tough choice, eh?
I used to work full-time in London and loved every minute of it. But it did get a bit tiring and life seemed to have turned into a fixed routine. So when we moved to Dubai, I decided to take a break from work for a while and just enjoy life. Not sure if that was a good idea or not, coz a few years on, I still seem to be on that break. OOPS! Ok, it’s not exactly as if I’ve been sitting twiddling my thumbs as I do work on the blog, and as glamorous as it we might make it look, it is still a lot of hard work. But you know what I mean ….
So I thought of writing down the pros and cons of each and hopefully reach a decision.
Advantages of working:
- The feeling of independence as you earn on your own
- Great for your confidence and helps you grow as a person
- It teaches you a lot about time management and being disciplined
- Less time to overthink as you don’t have much free time on your hands
- The sense of achievement as you’re constantly learning something new
- Less cooking as you have the perfect excuse not to! Hahaha .. sorry couldn’t resist!
Advantages of not working:
- The freedom to plan a holiday without worrying about taking leave
- Less sedentary lifestyle and a more flexible routine thanks to a 7 days weekend
- More time to spend with your loved ones
- Not waiting for the weekend to run your errands
- Staying up late and going back to sleep in the morning!
- You’re your own boss!
I’m going to be entirely honest here. It took me more time to think of the advantages of not working as opposed to working. It’s almost a no-brainer except that I kind of like the routine I’ve settled into these days i.e. mornings are for workouts and other chores around the house, while afternoons are strictly for working on the blog, and then evenings are free for me & mine. If only I could stick to this balanced routine then I guess I can get the best of both worlds. It’s a big “if” though as there are plenty of distractions around. But I shall keep you posted ….
What do you miss the miss the most about working or not working?
Until the next post, ‘Let’s Keep it Strictly Lighthearted!‘