I’m going to have an extra spring in my step today and I have Through My Lens to thank for it. Thank you so much Sheema for nominating me for the ‘Versatile Blogger Award‘. If you have not checked out her blog yet, then you are clearly missing out. Not only will it jazz up your style sense but will also give you the perfect excuse to go shopping! Need I say more? 🙂
Rules of the blog:
It’s pretty simple ….
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers.
7 things about myself:
It would have taken me forever to figure out 7 things about myself. So I thought it would be easier and quicker if I list the 7 most embarrassing situations instead. Ready to laugh at my expense then? Here we go ….
- Messaging requires focus. My friends and I decided to bunk class once. Being the smarty pants I am, instead of messaging another friend about it, I ended up messaging the teacher instead. Not only did we have to attend that class the next day, but a surprise quiz was announced too.
- Shallow or deep, I will drown. I am petrified of water. But that has never stopped me from buying stylish swimsuits. I still have childhood memories of our family days on the beach when everyone would be enjoying a good swim, while I only wore my swimsuit to write my name on the sand with a stick, and then run away screaming ‘AAAAAAAAAA’ when the waves headed in my direction.
- It had wings! I once made an emergency call to my husband at work and demanded him to rush home as I spotted a flying cockroach in the lounge and was trapped in the kitchen. Turns out it was just a huge fly. Oops. But yea, I know, he’s a good man.
- Wavy hair and rain is not a good combination. My boss and I were walking to a meeting in London when it started raining. We made a run for it but it was too late, my religiously straightened hair had already turned wet. I knew what was to follow but my boss clearly didn’t. I witnessed the horrific and shocked glances she gave me during the meeting as my hair continued to dry and poof, poOF, POOF it’s way up. We laughed all the way back to the office.
- Knock Knock cookies. I’m known in my family for my baking skills. Proving overconfidence can be a bad thing, I used ‘rice flour’ instead of ‘plain flour’ in the cookies I boasted about in front of everyone. We all joked perhaps they were more appropriate for ‘knock knock’ jokes (they were that hard!) instead of eating.
- Sibling pranks. My sister was always annoyed by how fast I ate (I’d be done with the whole burger by the time they were on the 2nd or 3rd bite) and shouted ‘Done’ as if we were competing in a food marathon. So once, my sister was being awfully kind in a similar situation. That alone should have struck an alarm bell but it didn’t. She sent me inside the store to rent a video, and I kept wondering why the guy kept staring at my nose while trying hard not to laugh. Yup, I had mayo right on the tip of my nose, but someone decided not to tell me!
- This is not a reaction but rather a fact. I can still never eat icecream without dropping it on myself first. It requires some real skills to do that so please do not try this at home. 😀
My list of favourite bloggers is endless. But here are the 15 blogs I have discovered and grown to love in the last few weeks. In no particular order, my nominees are *drum roll*
- Don’t give a jam
- Simple Ula
- Shopaholics Blog
- That Weird Brown Girl
- An introverted Blogger
- Pretty little words
- Betcha Didn’t Know This
- How to get things done in 10 ways
- The Brown Almond
- The Sicilian Mama’s Unsolicited Advice
- Sensible Nonsense
- Into my chaotic mind
- Lori Greer in Portland
Before I wrap up today’s post, just wanna give a big ‘high-5’ to all bloggers out there. While the world may think blogging is so easy, only we know the hard work that goes into it. So keep it up and stay original! Thank you to everyone who took time out to read this post as well. You’re the best!
Until the next post, Let’s keep it Strictly Lighthearted!