Hide all those delicious treats coz we’re talking about fitness today. I’ve already spoken about how I got started with my fitness regime previously (you can read it again here) so today is more about my personal observations about all those myths one year down the line. I am by no means a fitness expert (far from it), so don’t hold it against me. It’s just what worked for me and could hopefully be a small push in the right direction for those of you who do struggle to keep up with (not the Kardashians) fitness goals.
- Exercise is mandatory for everyone. Being skinny, overweight, or toned is irrelevant. Rather it’s more about being healthy. #StayFit
- You don’t have to sweat it out for 60 minutes. Even just a 20 minutes daily regime does wonders to the body and mood. #SomethingIsBetterThanNothing
- Just a workout alone is never enough. Eating and sleeping habits play a big role in your fitness regime too. So eat wisely and sleep on time. #EatExerciseSleepRepeat
- Not feeling sore after a workout does not mean you didn’t do it properly. It simply means you were wise enough to take it easy and build up your pace gradually. Chances are you’ll keep up and not quit the next day either. #PlanWisely
- Morning workouts are not necessarily the best. It just means you get to shower in one go. Otherwise any time of the day that works for you schedule-wise is good enough. So you decide which time is best for you. #YouAreTheBoss
- Don’t overdo it. It’s ok to take a break if you’re feeling tired. It’s perfectly fine to indulge in something divine that day too. Besides, the guilt will get you back on track the following day. #ListenToYourBody
- Workout does not always have to be in the form of exercise. Any movement that elevates the heart rate for a continuous 15-20 mins is good enough. Choosing to take the stairs instead of the elevator for e.g is one option. #YouHaveToMoveItMoveIt
- Try to mix it up. We all tend to get bored of fixed routines and then it gets monotonous. Exercise one day, walk the next, go for a group fitness class another day, or even take up a sport. The choices are endless. #MakeItFun
- Get rid of the excuses. You don’t owe anyone any explanation. It’s your body and you’ll pay the price for how you chose to treat it at the end of the day. The fact your brain actually made you think about it should say something though. #TakeTheFirstStepToday
- I’ve got no more observations (10 looked better than 9) But maybe you can share one of your own pointers so I can add it here? #WhatWorkedForYou?
Until the next post, ‘Let’s Keep it ‘Strictly Lighthearted!’