It doesn’t matter how much in love you might be, we all have annoying habits that can drive our partner up the wall. It doesn’t mean you love them any less. Just like you don’t find your own habits irritating, they feel the same way about theirs. Perhaps the key lies in finding the funny side to it all and laughing it off. So today, I got both Ahmed and myself to write down about each others cringe-worthy (but endearing) habits. Alright then, my turn first ….
Top 5 Habits that annoy me about Ahmed:
- Every time we go to the cinema he just sits there with his tub of popcorn and doesn’t start eating until the movie does (trailers not included)! I mean seriously … who does that?? I think I’ll ditch my nachos next time and share his popcorn. He’s bound to be worried that I’ll finish them before his turn comes and eat sooner!
- He has a sneaky way of getting me to watch his favorite tv shows. I don’t know how he does it but it works. You already know about ‘Game of Thrones’ and these days he has me watching ‘Narcos‘. Hell, I hadn’t even realized the new season of “my” favorite show ‘This is Us‘ was already out. Manny say whaaaaat?
- Nothing makes him more happy than seeing my all-time favorite cricketer Shahid Afridi not perform in a match. If Afridi happens to be out without scoring any runs then that calls for an extra celebration as far as Ahmed is concerned. Remind me to support Chelsea next time they play Arsenal. Hmph!
- He got a car that ticks all my boxes yet he doesn’t let me drive it as much. Is that even fair? Here’s the look he gives me every time I’m made to sit in the passenger seat and watch him rev up ‘The Beast’ (that’s my nick for it!).
- Last but not the least, his most cringe-worthy habit. He takes a million bites to finish one tiny bar of chocolate. He calls it ‘savoring’ but I call it depriving himself of enjoying the whole chocolatey experience in one big bite. Watch and learn Ahmed ..
Ok, my time is up! Time to let Ahmed have a go now …. *I’m laughing already*
Top 5 things that annoy Ahmed about me:
- Her memory. It doesn’t matter how long ago it was coz she will remember. It’s her secret weapon. Just the other day I was reminded about a bet I lost a year ago which required me to make tea for her. Here’s me 30 years from now being reminded of the same thing …
- She calls them fingernails but I call them claws. And when those claws reach out to open a can? *screeeeeeeechhhhh*
- If she likes a song then there is no such thing as listening to it once. Whether you’re in the car, shower, cooking or even sleeping that song will be playing in the background. Here’s how I feel every time I hear ‘Perfect‘ by Ed Sheeran now …
- She has a horrible habit of taking the longest route to drive somewhere. She has her own specific routes that she likes to follow. It doesn’t matter if a shortcut exists coz if she is in the driving seat then she’s the boss.
- Despite my pleading she got herself a cowbell keychain from our recent trip to Switzerland. The sound absolutely does my head in. But it apparently makes her smile as she recalls the Swiss memories. Me on the other hand ….
Whew! That wasn’t so bad was it? 😀 Thank God I just kept it down to 5. Haha!
Right, enough about us … time for you to spill the beans now. What annoying habits does your partner have? Don’t say none coz we both know that aint true ….
Until the next post, ‘Let’s Keep it Strictly Lighthearted!‘